Thursday, February 03, 2005

CONGRESSMAN GOOFS AT STATE OF THE UNION


Washington
– A Democratic Congressman found himself in hot water during last night’s “State of the Union” address after standing up to applaud at the wrong time.

Congressman Alfredo Guadeloupe (D – California) endured the scorn of his Democratic colleagues when he chose the wrong moment during President Bush’s speech to rise to his feet.

Said the Congressman, “He kept talking about motherhood and apple pie and the flag, and we all got up, both sides of the aisle, and applauded. Next thing I knew he had slipped in that part about euthanizing the poor and handicapped, and I was on my feet clapping before I knew it. Boy, did I have egg on my face!”

While the misstep has made Guadeloupe an overnight pariah to his fellow Democrats, sources say the Bush Administration plans to offer him a job as Undersecretary of Health and Human Services.


© 2005 Barry Rabin. All rights reserved.


No comments: